Welcome to Ukulele Play!
To get announcements on Utah ukulele events and classes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Utah Ukulele Events.
SUMMER CAMPS & FESTIVALS
Follow the link for details on the following summer learning opportunities:
- 3-hr Ukulele Bootcamps for Teens & Adults: June 4, July 12 or August 11 at the SCERA in Orem
- 4-day Ukulele Kids Camp: June 6-9 at the SCERA in Orem
- 10-day Ukulele Kids Camp: June 6-10 & 13-17 at the Spanish Fork Youth Arts Festival
- 6-day Ukulele Kids Camp: June 20 – July 1 (M/W/F) at Best in Music in Orem
- Utah Uke Fest: August 27th (Save the Date!)
- More coming soon!
Utah Ukulele Classes, Bootcamps & Lessons
- Wednesday Evenings at 6:30pm : Power Up Ukulele Classes. This is an all-levels class that includes group lessons and individualized instruction. See the calendar below for starting dates. Classes are $45 for a six-week session. Location: AF Arts Council Classrooms at the AF Rec Center. Contact email@example.com to reserve a spot.
- Wednesday Evenings at 7:45pm : Rehearsals for UFO HUM (Ukes for Others : Happy Ukulele Movement), our performance group. We welcome confident beginners to advanced players. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details or to arrange to come observe a rehearsal. Location: AF Arts Council Classrooms at the AF Rec Center.
- Monday Afternoons at 3-3:50pm : Ukulele Youth Choir. A performance group for tweens and teens where youth can enjoy and learn more about the ukulele. The group takes on new students in September and January and performs at least four times a year with the American Fork Children’s Choir. TUITION FREE. New students register here and get your music here. Location: Historic City Hall, 31 N Church St. in American Fork.
- First Thursdays at 6:45-8pm : Fam Uke Jam. A FREE, family-friendly, all-ages jam. Come sing, come strum, or tap on a drum (small hand percussion encouraged!) for fun, family-bonding, making friends and music-learning. Bring your clan! Hosted by the Utah County Uke Club and sponsored by Best in Music and UkulelePlay.com. Location: Best in Music.
- Ukulele Bootcamps for absolute beginners are held periodically in various locales (see calendar below). Traveling Bootcamps are also available for groups of almost any size by appointment (PDF eBrochure). Contact email@example.com to book.
“Don’t worry about being too old or too young for joining the ukulele community. Most ukulele groups have members ranging in age from teenagers up to pensioners and a good gender balance. Most groups welcome beginners . . . no matter who you are you’ll get a warm welcome.” ~Alistair Wood, Ukulele for Dummies